Driving While Intoxicated – DWI (sometimes also called driving under the influence (DUI *) is a very serious charge If you fail a breath test (puffing) when the police stop you, and your case is not handled properly. That could result in lifelong consequences.
They have stopped you for driving under the influence of alcohol (DWI / drunk driving)? Contact DWI defense attorney in our Baltimore office and make an appointment. Do not give up your right to be legally represented.
A DWI conviction can have serious consequences in your life.
- A conviction for DWI is reflected in your criminal record and driving record.
- Your driver’s license will be suspended for a certain period of time.
- You could go to jail.
- You must pay fines.
- You may have to install a device to blow in vehicle which you must pay.
- You will be required to participate in intervention programs and possibly other treatments.
- Your auto insurance will increase for several years.
- Moreover, it might be difficult to obtain life insurance with a DWI conviction.
You can be arrested for DWI in motorized lawn mower or parking lot, as well as while operating a vehicle or boat.
DWI laws in Maryland are complex, and the outcome of your case will depend on the specific facts relating to the arrest. For more information and answers to questions like “When you should refuse to blow?” and “When I will have my driver’s license?” see the following information:
- FAQ DWI / DUI
- License revoked / suspended: What is your status as a driver after a conviction for DWI?
- I need a lawyer for a traffic matter.
- Operating a boat while intoxicated.
- FAQ transit.